Monday, July 9, 2012
Redeemed
This song was sent to Shawn and I and I really like it. It's by "Big Daddy Weave" and it's called Redeemed. Most people probably wouldn't like the style of the song but it had great words. Here are the words:
Seems like all I could see was the struggle,
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past,
Bound up in shackles of all my failures,
Wondering how long is this gonna last,
Then you look at this prisoner and say to me,
"son stop fighting a fight that's already been won"
Chorus
I am redeemed
you set me free
so I will shake off these heavy chains
wipe away every stain
now I am not who I used to be
I am redeemed
I'm redeemed
all my life I have been called unworthy
named by the voice of my shame and regret
but when I hear you whisper
"child lift up your head"
I remember oh God your not done with me yet
I am redeemed
you set me free
so I will shake off these heavy chains
wipe away every stain
now I am not who I used to be
I am redeemed
because I don't have to be the old man inside of me
cause his day is long dead and gone
because I've got a new name
a new life I'm not the same
And a hope that will carry me home
I am redeemed
You set me free
so I will shake off these heavy chains
wipe away every stain
now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed
you set me free
so I will shake off these heavy chains
wipe away every stain
now I'm not who I used to be
oh God I'm not who I used to be
Jesus I'm not who I used to be
cause I am redeemed
thank God
redeemed
I thought it was a good song. We can all find ourselves in a place of sin. Sometimes it's hard to get out of the sin we are in. We are scared, or ashamed, or proud, and so many other things. But we don't have to stay in sin. God died for us so we could be redeemed. It was a good reminder for me that I don't have to keep doing the things that I know are sinful that I can change and God will help me.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thanks for sharing! it's also good to know we are not alone in the battle, we are joined by the same spirit :). I''ve enjoyed your friendship and hope we can keep encouraging each other till we are old and feeble :D
ReplyDelete