Thursday, October 18, 2012
Help!
So we are three weeks into potty training and it's not going well. The first week went good and about three days into it he started just going into the bathroom and takes care of business on his own. Week two and week three we have digressed. He has never once told me he needs to go potty unless using it as a delay tactic when it's time for bed. I am getting very frustrated and am at a lose for what to do. He like wearing underwear and is very upset When I make him wear a pull up when he sleeps but still wets himself and poops in his pants everyday. I have been giving him cold showers for pooping in his pants and it doesn't seem to be working like it did for other moms with their children. Help!!! Any ideas out there??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I only potty trained a little boy once but if it were me, I'd wait a few more months. I tried intermittently with Austin but he didn't really get it till he turned three. I know it's a pain to buy diapers but it just might be easier than frustration. As your Aunt Carmen used to tell me, they will for sure be out of diapers by time they start kindergarten. Encouraging huh? Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteHey we're potty training too;) in week two and doing good so far, hope it starts going better for you. P.S. Just be glad your living in a travel trailer with no washer;)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOoo…not fun! Since you asked, here is my story: I have observed over my few years as a mother and hold to the opinion that the best, least frustrating method for potty training is to avoid potting training. With all three of mine I waited until they asked. My oldest didn’t want to even try until he was 3 years and 2 months. It felt like an eternity. But it was his choice -and it worked. He had one accident when he was at grandmas’ on Day 2. That was it. My middle child asked to wear underwear and use the toilet all the time at 2 years and 2 months. My youngest just decided a couple of weeks ago that she was done with diapers at 2 years and 2 months. She even wears underwear at night with no accidents. I’m sooo glad that I waited for each child. My boy was significantly older, but I personally think it was worth it.
ReplyDelete