Friday, November 23, 2012

Motor Home Trip

The kids and I went on a trip to Missouri this past week. Jody and Linda planned the trip and a bunch of us road up with them in their motor home. It was a blast and so nice to travel without my kids in seat belts. We left on Friday at about four I the afternoon. We arrived at one in the morning. I had a lot of help with the kids on the way there,while we were there, ad on the way home. Abigail thanks to everyone who helped me. It really made the trip easier for me. Anyway, the only down side to the trip was that my kids didn't sleep vey good while w were there which means I didn't get a lot of sleep either. Saturday morning we got up and relaxed in the morning. Aunt Maggie and I went shopping for about two hours with no kids. Who kept my kids you ask? Well Uncle Paul did! Wasn't that sweet of him. Allie also helped him a lot too. Saturday night the Missouri assembly put on a progressive dinner for everyone. It was a ton of fun. The first course of appetizers was at Steven and Tiffany's house and they served stuffed jalapeƱos wrapped in bacon, corn cake, and black beans. It was so good. The next course was salad at Michele and Heather's house. The next course was chicken fajitas at Bryan and Casey's house. Then we finished out evening at Uncle Paul and Aunt Maggie's for ice cream balls rolled in toasted coconut and drizzled in caramel. It was a really fun night and my kids all went to bed when we got to Aunt Maggie and Uncle Paul's house so I was able to enjoy visiting without interruptions. Such a rare thing as a mom but even rarer when Shawn's not with me. On Sunday we spent the day at the building and did lunch of a fabulous salad bar and then for dinner Ethan and Jonathan grilled chicken foe everyone. Sunday was also Shawn's 33rd birthday so we made sure to video call him while he was fishing with Clark. Monday was Aunt Maggie's birthday and since my two youngest children decided to wake up at a most ungodly hour I made waffles and eggs for her breakfast. It was actually a lot of fun. After that Aunt Maggie, Allie, my kids, and I all went to hobby lobby, pan era bread, and the mall. We spent the entire day shopping and overall my kids did pretty good for shopping all day. That night Aunt Maggie and I decided that since her kids were off doing things with the kids their ages that were visiting and Uncle Paul was working we would go out to dinner. We went to a Mexican food place in town and I rally enjoyed the food and the company. Tuesday we got up and packed our things and headed to the meeting hall to load up and head home. The trip home was really fun. We stopped a few hours from home and we all got a Starbucks and sat in the motor home and talked about What keeps us from being a disciple of Christ? It was neat to hear from everyone and become a little closer to everyone on the motor home. The whole trip was really encouraging and very fun. I hope we can go on another of the motor home trips and hopefully next time Shawn can go with us. Here are a few pictures from the trip.



































1 comment: