Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hard Days

We all have hard days and today was one of those days. It's now the end of that day and looking back on my day I am sitting here thinking I didn't get as much done today as I would have liked but am hoping that we are past the worst of it. Logan woke up at about midnight and asked me if his potty chart was done and could he see it (I had told him I would do a chart for potty training before I went to bed), then he woke up again (not sure what time) and said "I fixed it mama, I fixed that big engine", then again at three am and he said there was an alligator in his bed, not only was he in his bed but he was under his sheets, then he came in at five and told shawn his feelings were hurt. At that point shawn put him in our bed. At six Logan threw up all over our bed. As a side note my washer isn't working so this was more inconvenient then normal. DaraLynn is getting all four of her I teeth at the same time and is having horrible diapers with a horrible diaper rash. My doctor gave me a medicated diaper cream because it was not getting better, just worse. Also tonight Conner's asthma kicked up and so he got his machine out and gave himself a treatment while I helped Logan. Conner did this with no prompting. He just knew he needed it and I guess he decided I had my hands full so he would take care of himself. On one hand I felt bad that he as having to do this and I wasn't helping him and holding him, on the other hand I was really proud of him for just taking care of business. At the end of the day we can only juggle so much sickness at a time. Anyway hopefully we are over the worst of it and will all be well enough to go to our new years eve party. I hope that all are well in your homes. At camp there was a lot of talking about choices and that is something I have been thinking about a lot for the past few months. I wanted to share some of my thoughts with you all. I believe that most everything we do in life is a choice. The way we handle things that come our way is a choice, the way we react to stress, or hard times, or a bad day, or whatever it may be is a choice. I want to make good choices and teach my children to do so also. I want to choose to have a good attitude no matter what is going on, I want to choose to not let people's opinions of me effect me just what God thinks, I want to choose to be gracious to those that hurt me, I want to choose to be patient with my children, I want to choose to love others, I want to choose to do what God wants me to do, I want to choose to me submissive to God and Shawn in all I do, I want to choose to do what's right and to put others before myself. So now looking back on my day I am choosing to be thankful all my kids weren't throwing up, and I am going to choose to be thankful it wasn't worse then it was.
Ape

1 comment:

  1. It is always best to be thankful. There are others that would love to have three children, sick or not. Some would love to have a husband, even if they didn't have the children. To be thankful is a big job, I can pray or you that you chose it, it is always what God wants.

    ReplyDelete