Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Frustration

What do you do when every form of discipline you know to try isn't getting through to your child. What do you do when everyday you go to bed feeling like all you did was discipline your child. How do you get through to them when you feel like nothing's working and your just so frustrated. Today I have been talking to God all day trying to figure out a way to get through to my child and so far I am still at a loss. I know we have bad days and good days but we have had a lot of ruff ones this summer with my kids. Any advice from you moms out there would be great. Thanks
Ape

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I remember those days. Talk to your mom, she had those days too. Ask advice of older ladies that you know that know your situation. And, be prepared to receive advice you don't want to hear, but pray and ask the Lord if this advice is what you need. He will let you know. I remember praying earnestly for wisdom. It doesn't come all at once and I certainly don't expect to have arrived. Praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Helen.

    And while you are trying to figure it out, stay consistant.

    I remember a time with my oldest. I was wearing down more quickly than usual. He would not stop, as I saw it then. Within a couple days, I realized I had Mono. The stress in my body was stressing the situation further I realized later.

    ReplyDelete