Friday, May 13, 2011

Bones

Conner and I had a little conversation that was kind of funny when we got home from sing tonight. Conner always comes up with intellectual questions when it's late and we are all tired. Here's what he came up with tonight.
Conner: Mommy if I go knock on a door really hard it will hurt this (pointing to his knuckles) bone right?
Me: Yes it will hurt your knuckles!
Conner: Why is it called knuckles?
Me: I am not sure that's just what they are called?
Conner: But Why?
ME: I don't know some day you can ask God why those are called knuckles!
Conner: Do I have a bone up here (pointing to his head)?
Me: Yes that's called your cranium. (later realizing the brain is the cranium and the bone is the skull. oh well.)
Conner: What about here (pointing to his lower leg)?
Me: Um I think that's your femur! (wrong again.)
It went on like that for just about every bone in his body. It's been a long time since I took health so I don't remember the exact name for all the bones. I finally told him we could go look on the computer when I realized he wasn't going to be satisfied until he knew the answers to all his questions about bones. We got on google and pulled up a picture of a skeleton with all the bones labeled and when through a few. Thankfully this satisfied him and we promptly put him in bed before he asked me anymore questions where I would have to use my brain at the late hour that it was. What happened to questions like what color is that Mommy?, or How many are there? You know the easy ones. I know it will only get worse too. Oh well welcome to parenthood right.
Stay tuned this week for a new baby gift project I have been working on. I am hoping to finish them tomorrow and post them ASAP.
Ape

1 comment:

  1. I didn't comment before but I'll let you know what I was thinking when I read this post the first time. :) "SOOOO Conner!!" He is a goof sometimes but I love him anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete