First let me explain why my projects have changed. I know about a month ago I posted a list of things I wanted to get done before the baby came. Such as paint the baby room and Conner's room and things like that. Well we have decided we are probably going to be moving from the house we are currently in to one that is closer to Shawn's work. This won't happen until a few months after I have DaraLynn. I decided why repaint. It's a waist of time and money. So this has freed up some of my time. However the project that we are still doing is repainting the kitchen cabinets. Brittany came over and helped me on Sunday get them started. We got the first coat on almost all the fronts of the cabinets.


Those three unpainted are the only ones that didn't get a coat on them and it was only because we were running out of room in my MESSY garage to lean this up to dry. And of course this post wouldn't be complete without a picture of my fabulouse painting assistant and great friend, Britt. (How's that for buttering someone up to come help again?hehe)
On the same Sunday afternoon that we were working so incredibly hard in the garage painting (dripping with sarcasm) my dear brother-in-law came up the walk from shopping just as we were finishing our painting. Coming after the works done, thanks a lot!! (hehe) In all fairness he did help Shawn hang a swing from the tree and they were great intertainment. Let me explian. They decided to hang the swing from the tree in the back yard. It took about an hour or so because they couldn't get the knot tying figured out. They would tie it then decide that was wrong and redo it. This happened about twenty times. Then they got it right and decided they better undo is and try again just to make sure that they got it down and then they couldn't get it right again. Then when they did get it right again they had to take it out because they were practicing at the bottom of the rope and it had to be done at the top by the tree branch. Then after all that they decided to use a different knot all together. I must say Brit and I were rather entertained by the whole thing.



Conner was standing by about ready to jump out of his skin with excitement. He finally got to take a ride and really enjoyed his new swing. Logan got to try it out too. He wasn't sure about it at first but when he got use to it he was smiling too.




The next thing I worked on was a decoration for DaraLynn's room. I found an old picture of Aunt April and decided with the right frame it would be a great addition to the room. I looked in my frame box and found the right size frame then got to work painting it. I love it but I can't decide if I should leave it as is or make it look older by using that paint stuff that crackles the paint. What do you all think??

The other poject I worked on this week was a baby gift for a friend that just had a little girl. I had an idea and decided to try it not sure what I was going to think. At first I thought they were going to be too nerdy looking. Once I got started I ended up thinking they were going to be cute. When I finished I fell in love. I thought I would like the beaded on best but I actually ended up liking the embroidered one best.





You can't tell from the pictures but on the one with the purple flower has sparkly crystal beads scattered around on it for some extra embelishment. The beaded one is a butterfly if you can't tell it's not the greatest pictures.
Now for the boys. Conner has figured out how to turn the hose on in the back yard. This is how it sits on a normal day.

Conner left it up like this and turned it on. I was in the house doing dishes and Conner and Logan were outside cackling and so I decided I better investigate. They were both standing, fully clothed under the stream of water getting soaked and loving it.



Conner was very proud of himself to say the least.
Last night we made a paper chain to count down the days to DaraLynn's arrival. Conner keeps asking, "how much longer till the baby comes?" I finally decided I better make him a visual to help him know how much longer we have. It was fun to make until I discovered that 80 days sounds a lot longer then two and half months or so. Oh well.

I almost forgot! Also this week the high chair went out to the garage and Logan joined the rest of us at the table. He has been moved to a booster seat and thinks it's pretty neat.


Well it has been a busy week. I kept thinking I didn't get anything done this week but I guess I did more then I thought.
Ape

Wow! You have been busy. Looks fun though. I'm thinking I like the embroidered onsie better than the beaded one also. Turned out cute. Also, I think you should leave the frame a plain white not crackled. Maybe a little sanding of the edges would distress it a bit but I like the freshness of the white. Making chains are great fun for kids and it does help them to have the visuals to count down. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteHey, any day you need more help, you know where to reach me. :) No need to butter me up. I like the frame the way it is. I ment to tell you that the yesterday. They turned out sooo cute! I like the flower one though. Really 80 days! I know it's less now but... WOW!!! I CAN"T WAIT!!! We are going to have a problem with sharing though. :) We'll figure it out.
ReplyDelete