Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sometimes you just have to get creative!!

So, this summer I have spent much of my summer breaking up fights between my boys. It has been incredibly frustrating and all punishments I have dulled out have not been effective. In an effort to solve this problem I sat the boys down last night and told them every time they fight they are both going to take a lap around the house. Today they have each run seven laps each. It has been a good punishment. I have found myself getting really impatient with my kids this summer and it's showing. This new "discipline" has helped a lot. It has taken all the frustration out of the situation for me and the boys seem to be responding well to it. The first time they got done running their two laps each and they said "mom that was easy," the next time was three laps and then they started fussing at me after two laps so their three laps turned into four. I decided I need to do it with them for the work out. I think the boys are figuring out really quick that mom has had enough and will no longer tolerate it. 
Ape

No comments:

Post a Comment