So Conner and I have started taking horse riding lessons together and we are both really loving it. Conner rides an all white horse named TJ and I ride a brown horse named Sysco. People have asked me why I am learning to ride. A few have thought it wasn't a good idea for reasons I am unsure of. I thought I would write a post about it regardless.
First, I ride because it is time I can spend with Conner that is relaxed, laid back, and not me correcting him or having to tell him no. That may sound odd but it has been nice for us both and has made us much closer.
Second, it's just something I really enjoy doing. I grew up across the street from a huge horse ranch for the first thirteen year of my life and have always been drawn to horses. It has always been a dream of mine to learn to ride and one I never thought I would get the chance to make happen.
Third, (this one may sound bad) when you get married you have to change from thinking about my life to thinking about our life. Then when you have kids it's not our life for the two of us but our families life. Some days are easy and others hard. I truly believe we all need to make a little time for me time. Now I will say it should be only a small amount of time but there should still be time. I believe it makes me a better wife and a better mom. When I am on that horse I feel like I am doing a little of that. At the same time I am with my kids too. And logan and DaraLynn regularly get on the back of our horses with us. When they aren't playing with the barn cats or the chickens or the dogs.
Anyway I have also had the opportunity to get to know two really neat people. Larry and Tamela our instructors. The Lord is showing me many things as I work with this couple and these horses. I would ask that if your reading this say a prayer for them. Larry does not believe in the plan of salvation and I am not sure about Tamela as I have had very little opportunity to visit with her about the Lord. My knowledge of God and his word is being tested and that has been good for me although very scary. Most days I leave there feeling as though I have fallen so short and like I have let God down because I didn't have the right words to explain something. Please pray for me and them as we continue to interact in each other's lives.
Ape



No comments:
Post a Comment