Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The New Place

OK so I know it has been a while but life has just been CRAZY!! I think I have had a little too much on my plate since about middle of May. I know all of you who know me well are probably thinking what's new? April always has too much on her plate!! To that I say your probably right but that's just the way I like it.

Anyway Mel this is for you. The long awaited and many times asked for pictures of the new digs!! (I know "Digs" not a word I normally use but I was trying to be creative. Not sure I hit the mark on that one) Well it was a ton of work to get it ready to move in but it was mostly fun to do. I started working the Tuesday after May camp and we moved in a week and a half ago. So here are the pictures.






So here's the main part of the kitchen. It's and L shape kitchen. I painted it a very pretty light yellow with white wood work. It's going to have a vintage 50's feel to it. NOT soda fountain 50's but what housewives in the 50's would have had in their own homes. I love it.



Here is the back of the kitchen. It's going to be my coffee corner. Jill Woods' is going to help me re purpose a sign for back there and I am repainting two shelves to hang all my stuff on. I have a lot of work to do still. I have curtains to make and hang and doors to paint and hang and so much more.




Here are some of the decorations I have so far for the kitchen. Now before you all die from the pure bad taste on color choices this cabinet is NOT staying like this. I will be painting the green white. I am not going to be putting the doors on this cabinet. I am going to be using it as a display cupboard. Not all that is in there right now will be staying but it was something to put in there to see if I would like the idea first. I do. The scale was a gift from Jill Woods and I love it. It fits perfectly into my style. The bread box and the green pitcher in the cabinet I found at antique stores for extremely reasonable prices. I was very excited.




The dining room looking from the living room and the kitchen. I am looking for some narrower bar stools with backs on them to replace the ones I currently have at the bar but for now my dining room table chairs are doing the job. I am considering saling my table and chairs and getting a standard height table so please weigh in on this and let me know what you think. I feel like the table is to big for the room and a shorter table would help with that.




The living room is darker tan and it's going to be a vintage beach house look but very under stated. I love it and have a ton of decorations to find for that room but hopefully it will all come together.


OK so here's what Conner's room looked like when we first saw it. The people who lived here before us let there 12 year old paint. I don't think there was parent supervision while this was gong on!



And here is what it looks like now. I still need to find or make a red bedspread, but a black out shade (with the hopes that will help him sleep past seven in the morning), buy/hang/possibly paint black shelving for his BMW model cars, get a dresser and half a dozen other things. Oh if you didn't see it his room is BMW. I had all the stuff for free so I figured why not use it. He likes to redecorate for me. Let me show you what I mean:


This is how things are supposed to be.

Crazy kid. I think it's so funny.


Here's Logan's room Before.





And After. It's a pale sky blue. It's going to have horizontal boards going all the way around the room on the bottom half of the walls in white. The colors are gong to be the light blue, dark blue, white, and red. It's going to have old fashiond toys. I am working on staining the dresser darker to match the crib and as you can see I have a ton to do in there.

Last but not least the kids bathroom:



I still have a lot to do in here also. Oh and I can't forget the Yard:





This is the front yard and the front of the house.







As you can see Conner has been enjoying his new space. Eventually we want to make this a really fun patio to take advantage of the very limited good weather that Texas has. But that won't be until next summer so until them my son has taken over. I hope you all enjoyed this little view into the on going project I call my home. I am enjoying it. I will be posting pics of the master bedroom and bathroom later right now it's a mess because me and my boys leave for California on Friday.
April

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product! Believe me, I know it takes time, I have been here a year and I am just now getting around to decorating stuff! I love your kitchen, I am slightly jealous of your scale, it is really cute! Hopefully next week I will be able to send your box, so you will have a couple more things for your house, though I may wait, I keep seeing things that I thought might be cute there. Now that I have seen pics, I know for sure what will look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, April! Thanks for taking the time to have dinner with us at Brad & Jolynn's. It was a busy weekend for you! It was good to see you guys again. Next time we're in town (hopefully it won't be another 9 yrs) I'd love to come by and see what you've done with your home. Darlene H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene We had a great time too. Glad we made the time. Come stay with us any time. Mel hurry up and send that box I can't wait to see everything. By the way I know you are more then just slightly jealous of my scale. Jill got it for me and I love it. It's my favorite thing in my kitchen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I'm so glad you like the scales. If I didn't already have some in my own kitchen then I would steal yours back. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete