Tuesday, February 19, 2013

To Let Go

Shawn came across this the other day and since then it has been on my mind a lot so I thought I would share it with you all. To let go doesn't mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else. To let go is not to cut myself off, it's the realization that I can't control another. To let go is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences. To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome isn't in my hands. To let go is not to try to change or blame another, I can only change myself. To let go is not to try to change or blame another, I can only change myself. To let go is not to care for, but to care about. To let go is not to fix, but to support them. It's not to judge, but to allow another human being to be herself or himself. To let go is not to be in the middle of arranging all the outcome, But to allow others to effect their own outcome before God. To let go is not to be protective, it is to allow another to face reality. Its not to deny, but to accept. It is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future. To let go is to fear less and love more. I am learning how to let go of anxieties, fears, tears of sadness, feeling of pain brought on by others choices, and learning to trust in God's almighty power more and know that God has a plan for each of us and has the timing that is only his not mine. There has been a lot of rest and peace in this for me. Although I still have my moments of sadness many different situations going on they do not consume me or take up and undo amount of my life but instead feel the regret or sadness and take it to the Lord and allow him to help me to move on with my day and not let it effect my family. Like I said there had been peace with in me with Gods help. Ape

2 comments:

  1. Wow April. Hope you don't care if I print this out and keep it for myself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked at your blog much, but this post is just...so relatable for me. I have experienced this same peace that I can see in your words. I am so thankful for it. Thanks for writing it out for us!

    ReplyDelete