Monday, March 18, 2013

Camping

Last Week was Conner's spring break. For the most part we stayed home and relaxed. I reied to not work so much on my normal house stuff (which means I have some major catching up to do this week) and spend time playing with the kids and being in the yard with them. However I did want to do at least one fun thing on his time off. Thursday we went to Kelly's house for lunch and with Lois and two other moms. We had a great time and the boys had a blast playing. From there Lois took DaraLynn to moms house and the boys and I went out to Jeff's property on the Brazes river to go camping. I must admit I was excited to go do this with them but also had some trepidation. This was only the second time I have gone camping since Shawn and I have been married and this was the first time in my own. When we got there Jeff was kind enough to help me set up my tent. Then I went about setting up camp and unpacking with the boys who were itching to get down to the river with their friends and play. Danette came and took mercy in me and on me and offered to take them down with her while I. Finished setting up camp. They boys played in the river until dinner then we got "cleaned" up (as much as you can when roughing it) and I made tacos for dinner. After that we joined everyone at the camp fire with s'more stuff and enjoyed the evening. The boys went to bed around nine and I stayed up visiting until one in the morning when Logan cried out from the tent, this starting off the longest night in the history of camping. I won't go into all the sorted details except to say it involved breathing treatments, moving our sleeping arrangements, one falling out of a bunk bed on top of the other, and way to many bathroom runs all between one am and five am but in the end we made it through the night and had an awesome day thin Friday. We woke at eight am and made eggs and chocolate chip pancakes and then set out with Kathy and her three kids, me and my boys, Kylie, Valerie, and Hanna on a canoe/kayak trip up the river for an hour then hiked for twenty minutes then back down the river for an hour back to camp. It was so fun. Not to long later Shawn and DaraLynn got there and not long after that Shawn and I decided we were not staying another night due to he and i's exhaustion and Conner's asthma. We did stay for a few hours more and played with the kids at the river then we packed up, got chicken express and headed home. After dinner we had little smokies and s'mores in the back yard and then enjoyed our own showers and our own beds. It was so fun and in the end I was sooooo glad I took the opportunity with the boys and was able to have a special time with them none of us is likely to forget. Here are the pics from our adventure.

















1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. The kids are growing up so fast. Can't wait to see them soon. We love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete