Monday, March 11, 2013

Positive Reinforcement

At the end on my days I often look back at the day and feel like I did a lot of disciplining and not very much positive reinforcement. I often find myself forgetting to tell the kids good job or I am so proud of you. I always want to encourage my kid but have found with three kids I get distracted so quickly by one of the kids that the positive encouragement falls by the wayside. I was on pinterest the other day (at this point Shawn and Clark would look at me and say, "you found something on pinterest?? Shocking !!) anyway I found a pin about this very thing. It was a "caught ya being good" jar. Whenever you see your kids doing something good you tell them to go put a marble in the jar and then when it's all full to the top you do something special like go to the zoo or something like that the whole family can do together. The kids are really excited about it and so am I. Here's our jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment