Tuesday, June 4, 2013

So Thankful

Our life recently has had a major change recently!! It has been a great change and we have enjoyed the outcomes this change has afforded us. Let me explain. For the majority of our marriage Shawn has worked really long hours. Also in his field he is required to work some Saturdays here and there so that took some of our weekends away also. Shawn has NEVER complained about this, this is not to say he liked working late. He has just always been willing to do what we needed or what work needed of him. I am very thankful for this trait in my husband but can not say I have always seen it this way (shame on me). For the past twelve years Shawn has worked for BMW. He loves BMW's and has loved working for them and on those particular cars. However recently he had been thinking about the time that he spends at work and away from our family and decided maybe it was time to make a change. He started looking around at other car dealerships and feeling out his options. He also thought about getting out of the mechanics business altogether. In the end he put in his resignation with BMW and has started working at Lexus. Instead of being an hour from home he is fifteen minutes. Also he is able to leave at five thirty everyday instead of his time varying everyday. It has been so nice to have him home every night for dinner, and home in time to go to Wednesday night meeting (although we haven't made many of those seeing as we are moving in a week), and also he is able to go with us to Friday night sing instead of meeting us there. It has been so good for the kids and for me too. I will be honest and say there was an adjustment period for me getting use to the new schedule but it was a good thing. In other news we move in a week. Crazy. I can't wait for it to all be done. This time we are staying put for a while. Thank you Lord!! I am tired of moving. Not sure how military families do it all the time!! I will not be posting for a while with the move happening but I will post pics of the new place as soon as I can. Ape

1 comment:

  1. My Mr worked Saturdays for many, many years. He chose that over working longer hours in a manager position. We made it work. It was better than the night shift (leave at 4 and get home at midnight) We had Mondays off and vacation time was spent camping (something we could afford with so many children). It was an adjustment for me to have him home ALL the time, but all in all, it has been a fun journey.

    ReplyDelete