Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Looking Back
I have been thinking back on my life a lot of late. There have been many happy moments and some sad. I am grateful I have had a lot more happy moments in life then sad. Anyway I have been thinking a about how things that we go through in life really prepare us for what's to come in our life. Then I thought WOW God sure does know what he's doing even when I don't. Then that led me to remember how I need to rely on God more and myself never. God has brought me through a lot in my life and I am sure he will bring me through so much more. I just need to lean on him and remember how he will prepare me for what's to come in my life. I was really thinking about how some things that I went through as a child and as a teenager really prepared me for moving to new assemblies and adjusting to them quickly and just jumping in to be a part. I have found that the faster I jump in and make myself apart of which ever assembly I am living in the sooner it becomes home to me and the sooner I am comfortable living in hat assembly. Plus it's good for my kids to see me being apart and being willing to open our home to use for others. I want to be that example to them and I know I don't always do it right but that's my desire. I DO NOT enjoy moving and having to "start over" in a new assembly and in a new state (you would think I do with all these moves we keep doing), but I can honestly say I just want to be used by the Lord where ever I am. Now this next thought you may think is a little morbid but bare with me and you will understand my thoughts here. Aunt Margaret made me a sign for my new house and it says "where it all began" and has the shape of California on it. As we were moving into our house here in Missouri I was wondering what my sign would say about "where is all ended." I know that sound morbid but let me explain my thought. When I was a child I never thought I would get married and I did, I never would have thought I would have children and I did, I never would have thought I would move to Texas and I did, I never would have thought I would have moved to Missouri and I did. All these things were because God allowed them to happen and they were all good for us and our family. Through each thing I have learned so much about myself and about God and his grace and love for me. So since God has allowed all this in my life who knows where I will be when he calls me home. Who knows what he will bless me with between now and then, my prayer is just that I will follow his leading in my life with a good attitude and remember how he has already blessed me beyond my wildest dreams and he will not lead me wrong in my future. Anyway hopefully that all makes since to you as you read this. I am not always the best at getting what's on my mind out in a manner that makes since to someone else.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment