Thursday, January 27, 2011

In Need Of An Honest Opinion

So I have been wanting to do a picture wall in my living room. My first thought when I wanted to do it was to buy all new frames that matched my current style in my living room. Then I got on the "find and make it work" movement and thought surely there's a way to do this cheaper. So I went through some of the boxes I had yet to unpack and came across TONS of frames from my house in California. I hadn't unpacked them when we lived in our apartment due to the fact that I didn't have much room and we knew we were only going to be there one year. Keep in mind in my house in California I had a TON of picture frames around my house. My sister use to laugh when she came over because I had so many pictures of family and friends around my house. Anyway, I pulled them out of the boxes and decided which ones I wanted to use. I then had to think about what I wanted to do with them for months. I just didn't know how to get the result that I wanted. I knew I wanted a brown base and white top that looked really wind weathered beach look. I was really afraid to attempt this project. I was afraid it wouldn't turn out like I wanted it too. My sister kept telling me, "if you don't like it you can just redo it. It's just paint." She's more optimistic on this one then me. I hate doing something twice. Well today I took the plunge and I need to see what everyone thinks cause I can't decide. Keep in mind they are not finished. I would like to put one or two more coats of white paint to you only slightly see the brown paint. I want the brown to be more subtle. See what you think and let me know.



All the frames were either black or wood color and I spray painted them all brown first.






Then I dry brushed the white paint on. I don't know what I think. Please share your HONEST opinions. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't like them.
Ape

3 comments:

  1. I really like what I'm seeing in the pictures you took. I don't think they need more white. I like them just like they are. They have a great weathered look to them. Bring one Friday night so I can see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, if you want them to look even more weathered and beat up, you can take some 80 grit sand paper and go over them lightly to give them scratches and such. I just did that on a frame I have.

    ReplyDelete