Monday, January 31, 2011

Fort Worth Stock Show And Rodeo 2011

Today Shawn had the day off so we planned a special day for Conner. We started out with our boys waking up way to early in the morning. Oh well that's the life of Moms and Dads right!! We had a tickle fight and dog piling to start the day. It was lots of laughs. Then we decided since the boys were up early we would take advantage of it and go to breakfast. We went to our favorite hang out (at least for breackfast) in Mansfield called Our Place. They have the best food ever. Then we went to my Mom and Dads house to drop Logan off. We didn't take him with us this year. We decided that with the baby coming on Conner is going to get even less time with us one on one then he does now, at least for a while so we took the oppertunity to do something special with him. We left there and went to the stock show and rodeo. It was such a blast. I am SOOOOOOO glad we did it with him. He was enthrawled with the rodeo. When it was all over and we were in the car getting ready to go he said, "when I am a big man I am going to rope bulls!!" It was so cute. Anyway here are some pictures from our day. Sorry they aren't the best quality. I was using my cell phone and we were eleven rows up on the top balcony. Enjoy.


Conner and I went to the petting zoo area and fed goats, sheep, bunny's, lamas, cows, baby buffalo, and a kangaroo looking animal that wasn't a kangaroo (sorry I don't know what it was). They put the animal food in an ice cream cone and when we were done I asked the man at the exit gate, "what do I do with the cone?" He looked at me like I was a moron and said, "feed it to them." I felt really stupid but I didn't think it was something they would eat but let me tell you when the lama took it out of Conner's hand I learned other wise. Conner thought he would just nibble at it and it took the whole thing and chomped it in one slobbery bight. By the way for those of you who have never fed a lama you not missing much unless you like your hand dripping with slimy slobber. Yuck!!


Walking over to the rodeo arena. Conner's legs got tired.


Watching the bare back wild bronc riders. Conner was glued to the show. He enjoyed it a ton. Later we found out just how observant he is. He told Shawn he wanted to play rodeo. Shawn asked what he was going to be and Conner said your my crazy horse. Then he proceeded to ride Shawn like the cowboys ride a bronc arm in the air and everything. It was so cute.


This was our lunch. Gigantic corn dogs. And yes they are as big as they look. They were so good.


This was the team roping. I had more pictures of the bronc riding and the bull riding but for some reason they didn't come threw when I email them from my phone. Oh well.


This looks like a jumble of horses but if your there it makes sense. It's the flag girls, the people responsible for putting on the stock show and rodeo, some rodeo hall of famers, and stuff like that. Then they all go out and the color gaurd comes in and the national anthem is sung, sang (us not sure which is right but you get the drift).


Watching the rodeo. Ok so I don't know if we are the only family this way but I am always the one behind the camera and very rarely the on in front of it with our boys. I told Shawn we need to get more pictures of me with the boys when we do things so that in 30 years they know I did go to these things with them and enjoy the fun as a family. Oh Well I guess we will just have to tell them I was there too.

Well hope you all enjoyed the pics.
Ape

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. Connor is such a cutie pie. Give him hugs from Auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the pics you sent on our phones...it looked like a memory that Conner will remember for a long time...hugs and kisses from Nana...

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete