Well life has been really busy around here this week. Sorry I haven't posted the finished kitchen yet. Conner and I just have to paint the oven doors and put them on then we will be done. Monday I had to go to the dentist, Tuesday I had to tag all my jbf sale stuff, and today I had to finish my jbf sale stuff and take Logan (unexpectedly) to see Darrel Hobson for xrays of his foot. I will not go into the foot story but it's fine and all is well with Logan's foot.
Sunday evening we went back to the gathering at the building. We had a short evening meeting that has had me thinking a lot this week. We sang a little and then Phillip King gave a few things, and then Ed King played a short video from a airline pilot. You may be asking what is the significance of this pilot that we would watch a short clip about him. Well he was supposed to be the pilot of the plane that flew into the world trade center ten years ago. It's his testimony. If you want to see it (which I highly suggest), just go to YouTube and type "In My Seat" and you will find it. Anyway in this clip he talked about a life objective he had made before 9/11 and how much more it means to him since 9/11. This is how it went:
To seek, trust, and glorify God through humble service and continual prayer. To raise up qualified disciples as quickly as possible. So that one day I might hear God say, "well done my good and faithful servant."
Wow, what an objective. This mans objective in his life has gotten me thinking, do I have such a strong, and worthy objective for my life. I am ashamed to say I don't think I have. It also got me thinking on what my objective for my life is. Here is what I have come up with so far:
1. to honor the Lord with my life
2. to raise my children to honor the Lord with their lives
3. to teach my daughter how to be a meek and quite spirit
4. to teach my sons how to be submissive to God so they can be leaders of their homes
5. to be humble and have humility and to teach both to my children
To be able to stand before the throne of God and also have him say to me, "well done my good and faithful servant."
Their may be things I should have on this list or things that should be a higher priority but for where I am in my life right now those are my objectives. I pray that I can meet them all. I know I will stray from the path from time to time and that's when I hope the faithful friends I know I have will come and give me a swift kick to help me get back on track. My heart desire is to serve and honor God and to serve the saints. I know I am not always what I should be but I want to try to always be what God would have me to be.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Its a great list April. Don't worry, we'll give a kick if you need it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. Sounds to me like you have your priorities right. -Jackie
ReplyDelete