Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Cure For Jumping On The Bed

I have been trying to get the boys to stop jumping on the bed. This has been a difficult "battle" because he is allowed to jump on the bed in the play room at Grandma and Grandpa's because it's not on a frame just on the floor. He has also in the past been allowed to jump on the bed at home when it didn't have a frame on it. So for months and months this has been some thing we have been working on. Lately Logan keeps getting hurt and I just got so tired of the fight so in a moment of exasperation I said, "if you do not stop jumping on the bed I will take your bed away." I had not thought about this before I said it and so after I said it I was like ok great now I have to follow through on this. How am I going to do that. Well I don't think my son believed I would do it so he tested the waters. I went into his room (I could hear him jumping on the bed) and he sat down really quick cause he knew he was busted. I looked at him and simply said, "tonight when you go to bed your sleeping on the floor!" He thought that was pretty cool at first. Everyday after that for about four days when he would jump on the bed he would have to sleep on the floor with just a blanket folded underneath him and a pillow and one blanket on top of him. Our floor is very hard. On day five he got up in the morning and came out to me and said, "I won't jump on my bed today, I won't!" In my mind I shouted with gell, "VICTORY"
Ape
p.s. Sorry if there are any misspelled words my spell check button is missing, not sure what's going on with the web sight but I am missing most of my icon buttons.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! We had so much fun with you guys last week! Tara is still talking about the museum! Thanks for taking us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for following through, that is the hardest part of the whole thing. Years from now, be prepared to hear all about how you "made" them sleep on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha Ur stories crack me up ape, this kinda reminds me of Ms.Pigglewiggle lol love you all and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it worked! I love the fact that you were posting this at 5 this morning. ;) He had me smiling LOTS on Sunday. Even when probably half the things he was saying, didn't make much sense.

    ReplyDelete