Sunday, September 30, 2012

Texas State Fair

Shawn and I went to the Texas State Fair last night on a date. Elizabeth came and watched the kids for us. We had a blast even though it was raining cats and dogs. We ate all kinds of fair food. We also bought a Vitamix. I was so excited. I love it. If any of you have one send me your favorite recipes.
Ape

4 comments:

  1. I got a vintage one the other day. It is supposed to have a pour spout, but the spout is broken off and I can't seem to rouse someone over in "customer service land". I just need to try harder. So, to make a long story shorter, it runs (p.s. I paid $5 for it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we make a smoothie that tastes just like citrus squeeze at Jamba Juice. A little orange juice, a little pineapple juice, frozen strawberries, orange sherbet, and a banana. Blend the bejabbers out of it. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good. I don't have a vitamix but maybe my ninja will work.

      Delete
  3. We've had our for 14 years and it's still going strong (we also bought ours at the TX State Fair). I just recently bought the dry container to grind my own grains, you know, instead of always having to buy those GF flours. Love, love, love the machine!!! I use it for smoothies, shakes for Silas, salsa, salad dressings and sauces the most. Have also used the pancake and waffle recipes that come in the cookbook. And of course, the peanut butter with honey roasted peanuts is to die for!

    ReplyDelete