Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Organization And Imagination

I don't know about all of you out there but my pantry and spice cupboard and cookbook cupboards always get so messy and mixed up. They never stay organized for very long. It drives me crazy. I know I only have myself to blame for this sinse I am the cook in the house. Today I got so tired of looking at it (keep in mind that I don't have doors on my cabinets right now) that I decided it was time to spend some time organizing. In the house we are currently living in I have two pantries and two areas where I keep spices and botteled stuff. It leaves room for that much mess. I forgot to take pictures of the before but let me just say it was really bad. Here is what it looked like when I was done.









They look so much better now and I feel so much better when I walk into my kitchen and have to look at them. Hopefully they cabinet doors will return to their rightful place soon. I am determined to keep them organized this time so I don't have to spend time reorganizing them again.

It always amazes me how much imagination a four your old has. Conner was in his room playing with the door shut today. I don't very often let this happen but he wanted to build Licholn Log houses and his little brother takes great joy in knocking them down. When I say joy I mean joy. He cracks up laughing every time he can sneak into Conner's room and knock them down when he has something built. Anyway here is what Conner built. Before I show you the pictures let me remind you that he's four and doesn't know how to read the directions on how to build the house. He uses his imagination and does it all on his own.


I thought he did such a good job. He was having so much fun building a town around his tracks that I didn't make him clean them up before he went to bed. He cleaned everything else but I let him leave his trains and Licholn Log house up so he could continue to build his town tomorrow.

This post was probably boring to all of you but I was just excited I could finally find the time to get this long overdue project done.
Ape

5 comments:

  1. I told Conner he might have to go start working for Grandpa and Real Log Homes. HEHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't think it was possible for someone to have more spices than I do, but you have double the amount! Crazy!
    Love the lincoln log set up, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey don't knock the spices. I use 98% of them. I do a lot of cooking and tons of baking. I also have a slight obsession with trying new rubs and marinades for meat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organization always feels great! Much impressed with Conner's Lincoln Log town. Holden was too and he is an expert at building toys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey glad you posted the pics of Connor's town. I forgot to look at it while we were there on Tuesday. Hopefully he doesn't remember that I told him I would come look. Even if Logan did knock them down that night. :) He did a GREAT job. Love how your cabinets look. ;) See you later.

    ReplyDelete