Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Picture Wall and Swim Lessons

Finally the long awaited picture wall. I have show glimpses of this project as I have been working on it, I have hinted that it would be done soon, I have dreamed of the day when I would see it up in my living room. Thanks to my Mom, and two of my cousins it finally happened today. I must say I was NO help in the process of putting up pictures. Sorry Mom. I am the worst at picture walls and my (as my cousins parents would say) preggy belly was feeling very tight and uncomfortable for a few hours. She must have been stretching. Anyway I digress. Here is how the picture wall turned out.


The frame on the bottom with the brown middle is waiting to be filled with shells so it will look like the other two with shells. I did have to put some clay putty stuff to keep them straight on the wall, which I did after I took this picture. My Mom does not have a very scientific way of hanging picture walls but her way worked and I was very thankful for the help. It was nice to see the frames on the wall at last. I did have to raz my Mom a little with her method of hanging compared to my husband who gets out the measuring tape, pencil, and level, and take hours to get it done. When it's finally finished it's perfection and looks great but I think Moms way looks great too.

Today Conner started his very fist swim class. He was so excited. I signed him up to do it at our gym two weeks ago. For the last two weeks every time we go to the gym (which is usually 4 days a week) he would ask me if he was going to get to swim today and I would tell him how many more days until he could swim. He did so good and I was so proud of him. He listened really well the the two lifeguards teaching his class and followed instruction pretty well too. He can't wait to go back tomorrow. The only thing he didn't like was when they tried to help him float on his back. I am going to try to take him swimming Thursday and Friday after class and work with him a little more on that so hopefully the lifeguards will be able to work with him on this more effectively.



After class I let the boys play in the kiddy pool for a while and Conner had a blast but Logan was not so sure about the water.





Thanks for stopping by,
Ape

3 comments:

  1. picture wall looks great and conner looks like he's having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I zoomed in and saw that it's a California wall. How special. My kids are loving your kids back there. A & A are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete