Saturday, February 11, 2012

Honey Coconut Granola

15 cups old fashioned oats (about 3 lbs)
1 cup chopped nuts or sliced almonds
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 bag (14 oz) flaked coconut
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon maple flavoring
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins, optional
In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, and coconut. In a saucepan over medium heat, stir butter, brown sugar, honey, oil, flavorings, and salt until well mixed. Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Put in three 9 x 13 pans greased. Bake at 275 for 60 to 70 min until golden brown, stirring every 15 min. Cool, stirring occasionally.

4 comments:

  1. Yum, I love homemade granola. Terry puts it with fruit and yogurt and makes parfaits. Great company breakfast. Looks really hard but so simple if you have all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound delish! I think I'll split the recipe in thirds though. It looks like an enormous amount!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving us some of this YUMMY granola! I've enjoyed having it in the morning with strawberry yogurt. I'm going to make some of this for us sometime.

    ReplyDelete