Friday, February 3, 2012

Some Thoughts

My heart is heavy right now thinking of some good friends going through a trial. Those close to me will probably know who I am talking about but for their privacy I am not going to give names or any details. They are enduring a huge loss and have been on my mind a lot the past few days.I was listening to some music and heard a song by Laura Story called Blessings. If you have not heard it I highly suggest listening to it. It made me think of these friends and their situation even more. I have not been through what I would call huge trials in my life. I have had three healthy babies with no troubles, my husband and I are both healthy, my parents have no health issues, my sister have had healthy babies, I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and more things then I need. I was thinking about all of this and thought, God is there with me in the valleys, he listens to my prayer, he listens when I talk to him, even if it's in anger, in sadness, in pain, in grief, and in his way and in his time brings me through it. What I don't think about is how God is with us in good times when everything is going great. I look back at my life and see that the times I have read my bible and prayed have only been when times are tuff but when I am happy and things are going good I just push all of that aside. It's like I am saying "ok God help me I am struggling. I want your help, life's hard", but when times are good it's like I am saying, "I don't need you right now why don't you take some time off from my life.". God doesn't take time off from our lives. I want to make reading Gods word and talking to him a priority in my life when times are tuff or when things are great. I want to cry with God when I am going through a hard time and smile and laugh with God when life is good and fun. I my zeal for the Lord has been missing in action for years. I have just been plodding along assuming things would work out because I was saved. That's just not so. We are told that God would be there with his children through their trials, this means we will have them, more importantly that God will walk with us through them.

I know that was really long winded and had tons of run-on sentences (I am semi famous for those. Just ask my Mom.) but this has been on my mind and I couldn't seem to get it out so I thought I would "get it down on paper".
Ape

3 comments:

  1. That song is amazing! Joshua and Rebecca sang it the Sunday after Millie passed away last summer and it has always had the special place in my heart because that first time I heard it. The friends you "mentioned" have also been on my heart!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known that song forever, but it NEVER gets old...its my favorite song ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We each can take more time to count our blessings! That song by Laura Story is loaded...there is line in it that is really personal to me with all I have face in sleepless nights...when I first heard it I cried and cried. It is good for us to remember to recognize things work out according to Gods plan, not ours.

    ReplyDelete