Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Olivia The Pig Party
Sunday was DaraLynn's first birthday party. We had a great time. It was an Olivia The Pig party. It was red, black, white, and gray. Here are a few pictures from the time.
This is the party table. I made the puff balls out of tissue paper. I found a how to on the internet. I think it was a Martha Stewart website. When I first made them I didn't think they were very cute. I think I was picturing the fuller then they turned out to be but in the end when everything was together I loved it all.
Here are the cupcakes. I made them from scratch using Trisha Yearwoods red velvet cake recipe. The frosting is a cream cheese based frosting. I got the frosting recipe from a blog called the cupcakeprincess. The lady that rights it has her own bakery and was on a tv show called cupcake wars. She has a lot of neat baking recipes and tips. The Olivia the pigs I made out of rolled fondant. They were fun to make and the cupcakes tasted really good if I do say so myself.
The red bags were goodie bags for the girls. They had a headband and a bracelet that I made for each of them. The two bigger gifts were for DaraLynn. One from us and one from Grandma GG (Great Grandma Marce).
These are just jars of candy and flowers and a picture I took of DaraLynn before we went to California.
Here is the birthday banner I made out of scrapbook paper and double fold binding tape. The big Olivia at the bottom is also made out of rolled fondant.
DaraLynn really wanted a cupcake right then. Actually she wanted them all.
Opening her presents.
DaraLynn with all her friends. The only one missing is Nev Roy. They had Carrie's party the same day but we missed her being with us.
Then it was cake time. She dove right in. She loved her cupcake. One of those good till the last bite moments.
Anyway we had a fun party for DaraLynn at mom and dads with all her friends and special people in her life. It was a blast. I am so glade most everyone could make it. I had a good time throwing the party, making stuff to prepare for it, and visiting with my peers.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

whoa!!! Love the fondant olivias... adorable! all that hard work was worth it
ReplyDelete