Thursday, August 9, 2012

She's One

DaraLynn is one today!! It's crazy!! I can't believe it!! I kind of laugh at myself as I look back at a year ago. I was scared to death to have a girl. Crazy I know but it was very intimidating for me. I have never thought of myself as the typical girl. I am the furthest thing from a girly girl. I have always loved being a tom boy. I just kept thinking how am I going to raise a girl when I always wanted to be doing boy things growing up. I guess I just wanted/want DaraLynn to be a girly girl if that's her personality or be a tom boy if that's her personality. I just want her to be her and not what she thinks I want. Does that make sense? I was always a little scared of how I would handle my daughter if I got a major girly girl. I wondered how our relationship would be. I guess I just thought it would be harder with a girl but so far it's not. It's definitely different then the boys but in a good way and we are enjoying DaraLynn and the bit of girlyness she brings to the house. It sure has been good for the boys to have a girl around. How could you not love this face??? Ape

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE you so much, DaraLynn...we are so Thankful to have you in our lives, Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday DaraLynn! Love, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. It's fun to have both boys and girls, trying sometimes but fun. I think it is good for the boys to have to grow up with a girl since they will hopefully get married some day. The same is true the other way with the girl being around the boys. Looking forward to seeing them all in Sept. Happy Birthday, DaraLynn!

    ReplyDelete