Thursday, August 30, 2012
Oh What A Week
Well this has been a week with some scary moments, moments with sickness, start to new things in life, and some really great news.
Sunday night at about ten pm I had to go to the emergency room with DaraLynn. I found blood in her diaper and she was vomiting. We were there for almost six hours. It was a long night. When we got there they took us right in without any waiting. They did a urine culture, a sonogram, blood test, and a shoot with antibiotic in it before we were released. We just heard about the results of the last tests today and they all came back negative so we are not really sure what was going on with her but all is well now and we are very thankful that she is ok and it was nothing serious. We got home at 3:15am and got DaraLynn to bed around 3:30 and me around 4. Then my alarm went off at 6:30 so that I could get things together for Conner's first day of school. We got him up at 7:00 to get going and then got Logan up at 7:30 and got him ready and then pulled DaraLynn out of bed at the last minute. (You can see more about that in the earlier post) This week was also JBF sale week and that means going through clothes, inputting them into the computer, printing tags, hanging all the clothes, and attaching the tags to each item (197 items this year), then taking them to the location of the sale, having them looked at for stains and such, then hanging them on the right racks by size. Early this morning Logan woke up throwing up. This went on for most of the day and the rest of the day he had the runs. He was exiled to my bathroom so he wouldn't throw up all over the house. Poor guy. He handled it all pretty good. I knew he was feeling awful when he wouldn't eat for most of the day. SOOOOOOO out of character for him. Also camp starts tomorrow and JBF sale shopping also starts tomorrow. Needless to say this has been a crazy week and I am exhausted. I have decided we are not going to camp Friday at all and we will play Saturday by ear. Shawn has to work on Saturday and normally I wouldn't think twice about taking the kids with me to camp on my own but this week I am just too tired to go without Shawn. I am also wanting to make sure no one else around here comes down with this sick stuff. I don't want to pass this on.
On to the really fantastic thing that happened this week. Conner told us that he has asked the Lord into his heart. We are so thankful and very happy about this. I wasn't really sure how to react at first to be completely honest. He kind of caught me off guard but I am really happy. I think that we all want to hear that our kids have asked the Lord to live in their hearts and be a part of their lives. Pray for us that we will guide him in the way we should and be the example of Gods love that we should be.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, sweetie, what a week. Make sure you get rest so you can take care of your family.
ReplyDeleteSuch good news about Connor. I'm glad you had such wonderful news to cap off a crummy week!
ReplyDeleteWhat a week, but so glad things are looking up...so proud of Conner. xoxo
ReplyDeleteLike they all said before me: wow, what a week! Glad you had Conner's profession of faith too!
ReplyDelete