Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Shedding The Weight, I Hope!!

Well I recently started Weight Watchers!! I had to do something because I just kept gaining weight. It's amazing how that happens when you eat whatever you want isn't it!! Why does food have to be so good? Anyway I am a few days into it now and so far so good. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I definitely have to think ahead about the day and what I am going to be eating for meals and snacks. I find that I don't hate doing that as much as I thought I would. It really makes me take mind of what I am putting in my mouth and how healthy/unhealthy I am eating. My goal is to loose 36 pounds and that will put me at what I was when Shawn and I got married. If I can loose more then that I will but I would be happy with 36 pounds. I know that doesn't seem like much to a lot of you but it is my mountain to climb. I am determined to get to the top of that mountain and slid gleefully down the other side into a vat of chocolate!! Just kidding. I wish! It has never been easy for me to loose weight but always easy to gain it. I hate how that works. I am very determined right not though. It is tough when you are married to a man who can eat what ever and how ever much of anything he wants and doesn't gain from it. Early in our marriage I always tried to keep weight off because I knew Shawn was trim, skinny, and had and incredible metabolism. Great for him but not so much for me. I just didn't want to let myself go and gain a ton of weight and be three times the size of my husband. It was not something I personally wanted for myself. After having three children and doing to much stress eating in the past five years I have realized if I didn't get back to that mind set from when we were first married I would be three times the size of my husband. So I am working hard to loose weight and get back to that mind set. Although I did tell Shawn that when, not if, but when I loose this weight I am going shopping and buying myself and, "yeah I lost it all" outfit that I will feel fabulous in. Anyway I have lost one pound in three days and am hoping by weigh in next week I will have lost two pounds. We shall see. I will keep you all updated and you all hold me accountable so I loose, loose, loose. Ape

5 comments:

  1. Could you do this for me too? I really need to lose and it doesn't get any easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my Support!!!! Love you ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up April. It doesn't get any easier as you get older so now is the time to do it. Like Helen says, can you do it for me too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good girl. You're inspiring. Keep us posted! On the ups AND the downs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are doing great! also, the running you are doing is great for the heart and an energy booster;)

    ReplyDelete