Monday, April 23, 2012

The Melting Pot

Disclaimer for this post: blogger got a new look. I do not like it because my spell check button has disappeared. As you read you will realize how much I need and use this button. So sorry but please excuse the misspellings in the following blog. For those of you who have never heard of the melting pot, it's a fondue resturant. It is very fun. While Vicky was here Shawn took me for dinner there. I had been wanting to try it for a while. We were going to go try it for my birthday but ended up moving to our new house on my birthday so we just never got around to it. I had forgotten about it and figured maybe next year. I am not one to get all bent out of shape about such things. Life was really busy around that time and it's not like Shawn forgot my birthday. He didn't. He even bought me a really nice new dinning room table and chairs for my birthday. We just never did our customary dinner out. Anyway he came home one day from work while Vicky was here and mentiond it to me so we went. It was really fun. It's not something we will do all the time but it was fun for something different and the food was really good. Shawn is a huge eater so for him it wasn't enough food but like I said still really fun. It's a very social thing to do. Here are some pictures of our meal. I will also try to describe it as best I can. The first coarse was a cheese coarse. We like things a little spicy (well I like them a little spicy, Shawn like to burn he tounge off so he can no longer taste anything else) so we a cheddar cheese with jalapenos in it and a few other things that I can't remember. They mix it all together right at your table and then you start dipping. They give you bread, chips, carrots, broccoli, choliflower, and apples to dip in the cheese. It was very tasty.
Then they brought us salads for the second course. I got a green salad with a blueberry, pecan, vinigarette. It was so good. It was so cold it made your teeth hurt when you took a bite. There is nothing I hate more then when I get a dinner salad at a resturant and it's not ice cold so this was great for me. Shawn got a Wissconsin Wedge salad and he enjoyed that too.
Next they brought out the main course. It was our meat course. The broth to cook the meat in was a chicken based broth with some white wine, fresh garlic, cilantro, and some other stuff I can't remember. The meats where lobster, shrimp, chicken, pork, and some stuffed pasta. There was also some vegiies and some red potatoes that you let boil for about ten minutes in the broth also. They also had some dipping sauces for after you cooked your meat in the broth. There was a curry yogurt one, a sourcream,cream cheese, chive, and parsley one, a sweet and sour, a terryoki, a maranara type one, and another one I can't remember. They were all good.
Then the most important part of the meal came. DESSERT!!! It was so yummy. We got a banana foster fondue for dessert. I am not sure what was in it but it was rich and yummy. I don't think I would get it again because it was soooo rich. I think I am a chocolate fondue purest. I will get just plain old milk chocolate for dessert next time. Anyway the stuff to dip in the chocolate was yummy too. There was rice crispy treats, brownies, red velvet cake, cheese cake, cookie crumb covered marshmellows, strawberries, bananas, and I think I may be missing one thing but I can't remember.
It was so good and I just had to roll out of my booth by the time I was done. I loved it and am going again in June with Brittany for her birthday. I can't wait. Oh and they had the best blackberry iced tea ever. Well that was our date night so now you can all go wipe the drool dripping from your chins, Ape

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun evening. Rachel C. had a fondue party for Alex' 21st b-day a couple of months ago. We were invited. It was very social and a lot of fun. Yummy too. Especially the dessert!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so yummy! I want to go there sometime, but I have to convince Chris first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good but did you really have to cook your own broth? I go out to eat so I don't have to cook! Just kidding. It sounds like a lot of fun but fattening.

    ReplyDelete