Monday, April 23, 2012

Antique Alley

We our weekend was really fun. Saturday morning we got up early (I know some of you are probably saying, what's so fun about that?) and Elizabeth Grove came and babysat the kids for us for a few hours while we went to antique alley. What is antique alley you ask? Well it is miles of garage sales up and down highway four. It is a blast. Here are a few thing we bought while we were there:
So this sign with hooks I bought to go by my front door. I loved it the minute I saw it. I am going to use it for our car keys so we stop piling them up on the table in the living room and I stop loosing my keys! This was made Cami Hughes over at Vintage Chic Custom Signs and Unique Home Decor. You can look her up on face book at: VintageChicCustomSigns or email her at Cami27@sbcglobal.net about custom orders. I loved all her stuff. It was all very well done and had a lot of personality.
This vintage milk crate I bought for my kitchen. I will eventually put glass milk bottles in it as I find them at a good price. I am thinking about painting the metal but have not decided for sure. What do you all think? Paint it or leave it?
The rope is for the boys room and the rain boots were for Conner. He has been asking for some for a while so when we saw these we had to pick them up.
These hooks we bought to hang the boys ropes on the wall in their room. I loved that they were a little rusty. They add the the cowboy charm of their room.
These child size brooms I picked up for the boys. They love to help me sweep off the back patio or the kitchen floor. In the kitchen they were always knocking my stuff off the wall with my broom so we bought something more their size.
My boys love Clifford! I picked these up for 25 cents a piece.
These are for Shawn and I's bedroom. I love the old glass pieces. I can't wait to get them cleaned up and in their rightful place in my room.
Lois found these down there for me on Friday. They are currently hanging in my boys room. The boys loved them. Thanks Lois. I just finished the boys room so stayed tuned for the big reveal later in the week. Maybe Tomorrow!! Ape

5 comments:

  1. DO NOT PAINT THE MILK CRATE!!!! It's so amazing just like it is. Please leave it! Your loving sister...Lois

    Your finds are really cute. Looks like you guys had fun. Glad the boys liked the pictures I found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with lois :) p.s. I am super jealous!!! I wish i coulda gone, mayebe one day I will get to go to antique alley... Loved the stuff u got! Cant wait to see u guys in May! woop woop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so wishing I could have been there!! DO NOT PAIN THE MILK CRATE!! One, it devalue's it, and two, it should look adorable in your kitchen as it is!! I have one on my kitchen table with blue jars and flowers in it, I love it! You have some great finds! Can't wait to see the boys room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Melissa, I wouldn't paint the milk crate. Looks cute as is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't paint the milk crate! It's so neat just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete