I am so proud of Conner!! Those of you who know him or have followed my blog know that Conner has some struggles with controlling his anger and temper. We have been really working with him on these things lately. We have been trying to memorize Galations 5:22 and 23 together. Galations 5:22 and 23 talk about the fruits of the spirit. We have been explaining to him what those are and what they mean. He has really been trying to control himself and we had a really good week last week. That's not to say we didn't have our moments but over all it was a good week. I hope it will continue. If not we will just keep working at it. I read something the other day that has stuck with me and helped me to keep pushing through in my training with my children. It was from a mom that had very difficult and strong willed daughter but she grew up to be a very giving and sweet adult. She said something to the effect that we are training our children not to have well behaved children that make up look good but to have adults that are pleasing and honoring to God. That's not how she put it but that was the point she was trying to make.
In other news, Vicky flew in to Texas on Friday night and was at our home until this evening. She is on a train right now to go see Marcus and Heather and will be back here again on Sunday until Thursday. Saturday night we went to the circus and had a really good time. I will put pictures of that up soon. I have to find the cord for my camera to upload the pictures on the computer. Not really sure what we will be doing when she comes back but I will post pictures. I know I am going to be working on my boys quilts for their beds while she is here next week. The boys are dying to have a cowboy room so I will be making quilts that are cowboy. They can hardly wait. I have Conner all laid out and ready to sew. Conner wants to help me sew it so I will probably let him. We will see how that goes.
Hope you all had a good weekend and will have a great week.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment