Sunday, April 29, 2012
The Boys Room
Here are the promised pictures of the boys room. It didn't turn out like I had pictured it but I still like it. I didn't want to do all the things I was wanting to because we are not going to be in this house all that long and the room's a little to small for some of the ideas I had. Anyway the boys love it and that's what counts.
This is what the boys room looks like standing at the door!! The pictures above the beds are the ones Lois found me which you can see up closer in the previous post.
These are the quilts I made for the boys beds. I love how they turned out and Conner and Logan where both very excited when I finished them and they got to sleep with them on their beds. I love how much color it adds to the boys room. It was looking very brown before I put these on the beds. I am trying to decide what I should do for a pillow shame on a decorative pillow but I can't decide. I definitely think it needs to be something simple seeing as how the quilt is very busy. Any ideas out there?
I found this sign at a store down at the stock yards in Fort Worth. I loved it and just had to have it for the boys room. The price was very reasonable so that fit in with my plans to buy rather well!

I found one of these ropes at an antique store and the ohter at antique alley. They boys would love to learn how to throw them but I am in no hurry for them to learn. I know what will end up happening and I don't think I need to spell it all out for all of you. You all know my kids!!!! I think I am also going to put up some pictures of the boys in their cowboy hats next to these ropes.
I got this at Hobby Lobby when it was 50% off. I was so excited. I have had my eye on this for a few months now just waiting for it to go on sale.
Anyway that's the boys room. I am pretty happy with how it turned out and the boys love it. What do you all think??
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think you did a great job. What lovely quilts. They will have them for a long time. And the cowboy theme will last too. I think it is important for you to make a room that they will be proud and excited to have even if you won't be here that long. Anyway, I'm proud of you.
ReplyDeleteThe room looks so cute! The quilts turned out great!
ReplyDelete