Friday, May 11, 2012
Going For A Walk
Early this week we went for a walk down to the school that Conner will be attending in August. I wanted to see how long it would take me to walk up there so when Conner starts school I can walk up there every chance I get. I am hoping that I can do it most days but most days it's too hot or too cold here to walk so we will see. I made it there in under twelve minutes. Conner is so excited to go to school. He starts in August and I have to do registration on Monday. I can't believe I have a son old enough to be starting school. It doesn't seem possible. I have mixed feelings about him starting school. There is a part of me that is so sad my "little" boy is growing up. There is a part of me that is so sad about how much faster he will grow going to public school. There is a part of me that will miss having him around during the day and enjoying those stolen moments with him while the little ones are sleeping. But there is this other side of me that know with only two kids at home there are some things I will get done that I would never get done with all of them at home all day. There are some projects that have been on my list for a very long time that I will have a little more time for. I also know that with a school schedule in my life my schedule will change and I will not be able to go as much and I must say I am kind of looking forward to that too. We are taking one last big trip before Conner starts school and we are all looking forward to it. We are leaving June 21st for California and we don't come home until July Th. I can hardly wait. We are going to southern California, Tulare, and Atascadero. We are staying with Uncle Art and Aunt Lana in Long Beach, Dustin and Kristina in Tulare, and Uncle Jay and Aunt Brenda in Atascadero. We will be bouncing around from there to have meals with people or spend time with others. We will be stopping by the beach at least two times of course and there are a few places we want to eat while there. Anyway I am so excited and so is Shawn and Conner. It's fun that Conner is old enough to understand what we are doing and to see him get so excited about it and talk about what he remembers about California and what he wants to do while we are there. He really wants to go to Uncle Art's work and watch the air planes again. Uncle Art took him right before we moved to Texas and he was very impressed. Well hope you all have a great weekend! I am babysitting Friday all day and Saturday all day so I will be busy.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment