Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Little Things Go Unnoticed By Some

First let me say I am no longer bothered by what I am about to post about! My husband has this funny little quark about our house. It's something that use to drive me nuts when we were first married and now and just shake my head and laugh and either take care of it or have Conner take care of it cause it's a great job for him. What's this quark you ask?? Well let me explain it to you how this use to get noticed in our house. We would be having company over for dinner or overnight and just about the time they were supposed to arrive Shawn would point out a few dirty spots on the walls and ask me if I was going to clean the walls!! I would look at him with exasperation and say, "well no I wasn't planning on it." This was something I just didn't notice! It was not like the wall was filthy or anything just a little dirty smudge that I hadn't noticed. To me that was just a little thing that didn't really cross my mind. It crossed Shawn's but always at the wrong moments. Now I try to look around on my once a week vacuum, dust, and clean living room days for dirty spots on the wall. At first I thought it was pointless because I would get out my cleanser and a rag and try to clean the spots but they didn't seem to be getting any better to me. One night Shawn was helping me get ready for company and he saw a grease spot on the door that I hadn't been able to get off so he ran out to the garage and came back with these:
He uses them to clean his hands after working on cars! In other words they are great for grease! He tried them on the wall and the stain came off very easily. They are orange colored wipes that smell like oranges too. They have a rough texture to them and most times you just have to wipe the wall, door, door jam, light switch cover, or cabinet lightly with the wipes and it just comes right off. I used them today on my front door. Here's a before shot of the front door:
Here is the after shoot:
I know the quality isn't that great so sorry about that. I just took some quick pictures with my phone. Anyway you can pick these up at your neighborhood hardware store like O'Riley's or Auto Zone. Well just thought I would share that quick cleaning tip with you all.Ape

4 comments:

  1. Think I need to get some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip. And, if it makes your husband happy... then go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could swear Shawn and Art are related by more than marriage! Art does the same thing to me. Starts a cleaning frenzy when company is ready to walk up the sidewalk. I will admit it used to bother me but now I'm trying (after 22 years) to just appreciate the extra help. I do think I might invest in a container of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget the walls! I am going to put those in the boys shower! lol

    ReplyDelete