Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Let's Just Get To Five!

Conner has been cracking me up lately. He is always asking me, "Mommy after I am this many (holding up five fingers) then I am going to be this many, right (holding up six fingers)?" He's not even five yet and he's already dying to be six. He will be five in December. I keep telling him, "let's get just get to five before we start worrying about six ok!" I know this is probably totally normal for kids his age but he's already growing up too fast and I would rather slow him down a bit then to speed it up. It is cute though. This morning it was, "after five I am going to be this many, (holding up six fingers) then I am going to be this many, then this many, and on it went adding a finger each time until he hit ten and ran out of fingers. If he had 100 fingers on his hands he would have kept going. Thank the Lord he only gave us ten fingers!
Ape

1 comment:

  1. That's great that he is getting the concept of numbers. Sometimes it is hard for children to visulize (sp?) numbers. Keep on encouraging him to explore, even though it may seem to be so tedious for you. They do grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete