Saturday, July 23, 2011

Waiting.......

Well we are just seventeen days away from delivery date (unless this daughter decides to come sooner, which I doubt.) We are just waiting, waiting, waiting. I am at the point where I am a little bored everyday. I can't start any of the three projects I could do because of my delivery date looming ahead in the very near future. I try not to go to many places because we are trying to not spend a ton before the baby comes just in case. Therefore I am a little land locked with my boys. Today Shawn had to work and I was really wishing he could be home today. We woke up and went to McDonald's for breakfast just for fun. Mommy needs to go to the store a fill the cupboards with food. My son informed me of this yesterday when we had breakfast for dinner. It was rather funny. He has had a lot of funnies lately, which I will tell you about later. After breakfast we went to the library and spent about forty five minutes looking for books. Conner wanted books about cowboys and dinosaurs. Such a boy thing. We found those and added some on trains and airplanes and lions. Logan loved the lion one. We came home and read books and I just enjoyed sitting on my couch with my boys reading and listening to Logan growl like a lion every time we turned the page of that book. Later we are going to meet Shawn at Costco and have dinner. Also after Conner lays down for a while we are going to work on making a small book case, side table thing into a kitchen for the boys to play with. I will post on that later. All in all the day has been fun and has turned out better then I thought it would. I guess it's what you make of the day and today I made time for my boys and really enjoyed myself.

Now on to Conner's funnies.
Last night when we were sitting at the table eating eggs in a basket (for those of you who don't know what that is you take bread and cut the middle out and crack an egg inside it and fry it). Conner has decided that he likes the yokes runny like I do. So this is how this conversation went:
Conner: Mommy my oaks aren't runny!
Mommy: laughed for a while then said, they are called yokes not oaks.
Conner: oh yokes?
Mommy: yes!

Another funny:
The other day Shawn got home late but Conner was still up. Logan was already in bed. Now Conner has taken to making up elaborate stories about things that "happened" a long time ago to him. This was one of those stories. Now let me set the stage a little. Shawn had just gotten home and was still in his work uniform and was sitting on the couch relaxing for a minute. Conner was standing in front of him in just underwear (he was going to bed and this is the extent of his clothing when sleeping), he had a rather large scratch running down his belly (I am not sure how it happened).
So here's how it went:
Conner: Daddy, a long time ago when I was a big man like you, I was wearing that uniform, but I didn't have that red hair, I was working and I fell down and got this big scratch on my belly! It hurt real bad.
Shawn: Oh really!
We got a good laugh out of him pointing out that he didn't have that red hair. What will he think of next. Not sure I want to know! We have been working on trying to help him understand that these are just stories and not real things that have happened. So far he seems to understand that and not be insisting that it really happened. Anyway with all the things that he's been saying, and Logan coming out of his shell more and more, I am not sure if I should be curious or scared as to what kind of personality we are going to get the third time around. We shall see.
Ape

3 comments:

  1. What type of personality? It's a girl. It will be TOTALLY different. It's really fun when little ones start putting things together even when they're a little mixed up. Too cute! Looking forward to hearing when the little darling arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara does the same thing, making up stories about when she was a big girl like mommy, must be a stage! It is quite funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I wish I didn't have to work that day. OH well!!
    I'll be up to the hospital right after work. ;)

    ReplyDelete