Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nobody's Friend

I am going to do a series of posts of sayings or poems that were given to me eight years ago when I got married. My mom made my sisters and I each a family cookbook when we got married. All of our family members contributed recipes and advice about marriage, child raising, and life in general. I am putting together a wedding gift for a cousin and am including some of those tidbits. It has been good for me to go back and reread them and I thought it would be good to share them with all of you.

No body's Friend
My name is gossip.
I have no respect for justice.
I maim without killing.
I break hearts and ruin lives.
I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.
The more I am quoted the more I am believed.
My victims are helpless.
They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name or face.
To track me down is impossible.
The harder you try the more elusive I become.
I am no body's friend.
Once I tarnish a reputation it's never the same.
I topple governments and wreck marriages.
I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion.
Even my name hisses.
I am called Gossip.

Ape

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't have that one in my book! Thanks for sharing. I think I may share that at some time in the future too.

    ReplyDelete