Wednesday, July 13, 2011

When I Speak

When I want to speak, let me think first:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it necessary?
If not, let it be left unsaid.

This is my last in this series of the "words of wisdom" that my Mom put in our cookbooks. It has been really good for me to go over these things again. I really like this one. It is something I think we all could ask ourselves before we speak. I think I miss the "is it necessary?", question a lot. I tend to be a little sarcastic and I think I could ask myself that a lot more and be less sarcastic. I posted these because I felt they were good for me to go over again, not because I have these things down. I hope you all enjoyed these and that they stirred some thoughts in your mind like it did in mine.
Ape

1 comment: