Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Taste Of Home!

The end of last week was a rough one for Logan. He was having difficulties with his asthma. It lasted trough the weekend but his breathing is finally sounding better. Due to having to deal with that last week I didn't really "clean" my house just tried to keep it picked up. Even that fell behind. I was trying to keep him calmed down and with a one and a half year old that can be difficult. Friday night we came home and this is how our night ended.

Please excuse the laundry all around me. It was all folded but not put away. Some days that's just the way it goes around here.

The rest of the weekend was better. Saturday morning Shawn took Clark to the airport for his flight to California. We were both wishing we could climb inside his luggage and stow away. He came home and got the kids dressed for me and made them eggs. I don't remember what I was doing but it was great to have him helping out. He does this all the time so I am very spoiled. He then left with Conner for a special father son trip to the Zoo. Logan stayed home with me and took a nap and more treatments. It was sad for him but he didn't really notice. When Shawn got back with Conner we all had lunch, which Shawn made again. Then we put both boys down for naps and Shawn and I got busy trying to catch up form the week of not getting house work done. Yes, Shawn was helping me get caught up. Isn't that great. I am very blessed to have a husband that doesn't mind helping me out. When the boys got up the house was in a little better order. We then jumped in the car and drove to Frisco, Tx. A guy from Shawn's work smoked up a 13 pound brisket. We went to pick it up and then drove about 15 minutes further to In N Out. No when I am in Texas I don't have cravings for In N Out but every time I go back to Cali we have to stop in. It was really fun to go and get a taste of home though. The boys really enjoyed it. Logan didn't want to eat his hamburger he just wanted to eat the lettuce off of everyone else's burgers. It was kind of funny. He was also being a total ham every time he saw the camera come out.







After we were finished we drove over to Pizza Hut Park, which is a soccer field and watched some fire works. We drove home and got home very late and went to bed.

Monday we got up and went to a little parade here in town. We called Brittany and she joined our family. It was fun but very hot. They kids had fun and raked in the candy.





After that we put Logan to bed and went in our little pool with Conner. Then we relaxed the rest of the day until evening. In the evening we went to Mom and Dads for dinner. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing. My boys were in a very entertaining mood.

Last but not least this Thursday we are going to the docter for a sonogram and Conner is going to get to go with us. He is very excited to "see" DaraLynn. I only have four weeks left and I can't wait. I came down with a cold this week so I am hoping that it goes away quickly. It's just a cough but when your going in for a csection the last thing you want to be doing is coughing. EEEK!
*disclaimer* these pictures are not good pictures but they are what I have. I tried to crop them but my computer is giving me an attitude so I am just putting them up as is.



These were taken Saturday night so at that time I had four weeks and two days left.
Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend.
Ape

3 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to have such a good helper. When you have young children it seems like it is a lot of physical labor. When they get older, it will be more mental. You will try to instill in them a deep love for the Lord, and try to point them in the right direction. They may not always make the right (or what we think is right) choices, but you raise them to be independent. The here and now will not last forever and you will someday look back and see how far you have come. Just be thankful that the laundry was clean. I have been to houses (not necessisarily homes...;-) where the laundry laying around needed to be washed, so say nothing of folded or put away. You are doing a good job, just believe it and keep on letting the Lord lead you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very fun and full weekend. I'm loving Logan's flag shorts. In and Out? I didn't know such things existed in TX. How fun. Amen to what Helen said. We are in the mental stage. Boy, sometimes I wish for the "No, don't touch. It's hot." stage. Those were tiring times but seems looking back to be easier. The mental gets me sometimes. ;) Good luck on your next 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I love the picture of Logan in the In n Out hat! So cute!!!! You have a tiny tummy this time! Can't wait to meet little DaraLynn!!

    ReplyDelete