I had an idea pop into my head for a pillow using the burlap sack material I used in my picture wall. I decided to try it out not knowing how it would turn out. I am not an artist. I am the furthest thing from and artist. I started by buying some stencil letters from walmart for about 4 dollars, then I googled, how to draw a sand dollar and made my own stencil of that. I then cut out my pillow size in the burlap and started trying to decide how I would arrange my stuff on the pillow and what I wanted on it. I finally decided on the word "BEACH" and some sand dollars on either side. I laid it all out and used some leftover paint I had from making my ores. I wasn't really sure if that kind of paint would work on material but decided to give it a shot. This is how it turned out.

I love how it turned out. I still think I am NOT an artist every time I look at my terrible excuse for sand dollars but I still am pretty happy with it. I haven't finished the bottom to close it all up yet because I think it needs some more stuffing in it to make it a little more plump.
Some of you who know Logan well will understand better then others what I am about to describe to you. Logan eats like no other little boy his age. He LOVES food. The work love is not strong enough to describe his love of food but I can't think of a better word. Food is very important to him. Tonight at dinner was a prim example of this. We had watermelon with dinner tonight. This is one of Logan's favorites. It's always a big mess but that's OK. Tonight watching him eat made me and Shawn laugh. I told Shawn that if Logan was a super hero his power would be being able to stretch his checks incredibly wide. He packs food in his mouth like a chip monk and keeps stuffing. We have tried to work with him on this but have not been successful so far. We kind of gave up. He just loves food to much. Here is my little chip munk.


And like I said he loves watermelon. He eats it down to the rind and then he tries to eat that too.




A friend of mine had a title in a post on her private blog that I really liked. It was "click." Let me explain. She was saying how she likes to take mental snap shots of things that her boys do so that she will savor them and remember them. Tonight was one of those "click" moments for me. It has been a bit of a rough week as Shawn has been working really long hours and not getting home until after the boys are in bed most nights. I appreciate my husbands dedication to his job and to providing for and taking care of his family. That being said it definitely had an impact on my sons attitudes and mine. By this evening when Shawn said he was probably going to be late I was not thrilled to say the least. Then I got a text as I was putting dinner together that he was on his way home. I got that at 6 pm. He would be home just in time to sit down to dinner with us. I was very happy. Later He watched the boys while I got a shower and enjoyed some peace and quiet. If your a Mom you know how rare that is. When I came out of our room it was to the laughter of my children and their Dad. It was a "wash all the stress of the day away" type of sound for me and it made me smile. I came into the living room and enjoyed watching my boys interact with their Dad and just watching them all smile and laugh. It was great. It was my "click" moment that I want to remind myself of when I am having a "long" day!





It's amazing how just a smile from your kids or a laugh or a "mommy I love you" can just make you step back on a bad day and smile. Conner has a way of doing that with that mega watt grin of his. I am reminded to stop and enjoy the little moments like this. I am sure those of you who have older children will tell me what I have realized more and more lately, "it goes so fast."
Ape

Wow, does Logan have the bluest eyes...Thanks for posting the pictures...Love you all
ReplyDeleteYep, life is like that sometimes. I can relate to the long work hours and the joyous breaks when Daddy is home. Love, love the pics of Logan eating watermelon. Too cute!
ReplyDelete