This morning my hubby called to tell me a long time friend passed away. It was a shock. He was only one year older then me and someone I often would hang out with in my teen years when I went to the area where he lived. He didn't know a stranger and was everyone's friend. He wanted everyone involved in whatever activity was going on and would tease and coax you until you joined in and then he would make sure you were having fun. It made me stop and think how short life is. How we don't know what tomorrow holds. It's sad that it takes a tragedy for us to stop and think of these kinds of things. It made me stop today and thank then Lord for what I have and to help me to appreciate everything, even the trying times with my kids, or the discoforts of being pregnant, or whatever I am complaining about at that moment. I cant' imagine on a human level why something like this would happen but I know my Lord is in control and that his plan for all our lives is greater then I can ever imagine. I am thankful to know that my friend was saved and is walking the streets of heaven. My heart goes out to his family and close friends. We are keeping them in our prayers. We are also praying for the other young men that were with him when the accident occerd. I keep thinking of that song, "I don't know about tomorrow." It is ringing true for me today. "I don't know about tomorrow, but I know who holds my hand..." I hope all who may read this post know who holds their tomorrows. This has made me stop and think about the little things that I am letting distract me from my heavenly father and a closer walk with him. I hope all of you can stop and think about that too. We don't know what a day may bring but we can live for the Lord every step of every day.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amen
ReplyDeleteApril, Thank you soo much for calling me, even though I was at work to tell me. I thought about the accident all day. It was never very far from my mind. Even when having to deal with kids not obeying. :) I was counting my blessings all day. Love you guys. Thanks for being there for me thru this time. :)
ReplyDelete