Thursday, August 4, 2011

Car Wash

The boys have been going crazy wanting to go outside the last few days. It's just been too hot for them to be out there. Today we decided around six in the evening when it had cooled from 110 to a cool 106 (much sarcasm is infused here)! I figured this would give the boys time outside, get a job that needed doing done (the birds have been making great use of my car), and allow me to do something fun with the boys (because of course we had to have a water fight). We had a good time and cooled off nicely. Here are some pictures of the boys helping out and playing in the water.






I am so glad I took the time tonight to do this with the boys. I was not sure I wanted to when I originally thought of the idea, cause of the heat and the fact that I am not real comfortable. It was nice to have fun with the boys. So often I feel like the big bad wolf around here. I think most parents could relate to this, especially Moms. I don't mean this to sound like Shawn doesn't discipline or help out a ton because he does a ton, but he works all day and it's just me here until evening so the majority of the day I get to be the big bad wolf. I know that's my job and I am willing to do it so that my boys are men in fifteen years or so and not still boys. Anyway it was nice to have fun with them before life changes around here in five days. Yes I did say five more days. We are counting down. Hope you all enjoyed the peek into our fun hour of water and suds.
Ape

No comments:

Post a Comment