Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Husband!!


I just had to drop in and tell you all about my husband. He is GREAT. He is a GREAT husband, a GREAT provider, and a GREAT, GREAT daddy. Last night was a rough night in our house. My dear sweet daughter (except she was none of those things last night.:>) kept me up most of the night. This has become the norm. She's has become a terrible sleeper. I do fine for about three of four nights and then I his the wall of blurry eyed eshaustion. (is that even a word? Not sure but I will just blame it on being tired and say you get the point!) Well I hit that wall last night after getting up three times with DaraLynn the last time being at 2 am and finally walking all around the house with her at close to 4 am with both of us crying. Anyway my GREAT husband got up and came in a just quietly and sweetly said, "here give her to me!" I did without much though to it and went and climbed into bed. What you all must know is that he had to be out of the house by about 4:45 so him getting up to take our daughter left him very little time to get ready and get out the door to hear to a training class for the day. I was so thankful. I couldn't even think at this point. He does this kind of thing all the time and I think that I too often don't thank him or see how much he helps me. I am so blessed and thankful for him. He helps me with the kids so much. More since we had our third. Not just with them but in the house when I need the help too. He finds the time to wrestle with our boys, build Lego's, and play with them all the time. He finds the time to hold our daughter and play with her and tug out her grin. He finds the time to help me bath them and get them ready for bed. He finds the time to lean over their bed and say their prayers at night and kiss them goodnight with a little tickle on their bellies. He finds the time to visit with a wife that likes to visit even though he would probably prefer not to some times. He finds the time to give me details about the stories he tells me as I ask him a million questions, even though he would probably rather keep it simple. He finds the time to grill for dinner when I don't feel like cooking much. He finds the time to climb into a cupboard that he barely fits in to play hide and go seek with the boys. He finds the time to make us important in his life. He reminds me to be calm, and patient with our children and he reminds me that we are trying to direct our children to want to obey God at all times. He loves God first and us second. I so often get annoyed about work schedules and being late to sing or things not going how I want them to that I forget to look at all the great things he does for me and our family. I want to make an effort to focus on those things more and the other less. I know I have left out so many things Shawn does because there are tons of things he does do but I am just so thankful for him in my life. I also know he will probably be a little embarrassed when/if he reads this but that's OK. Thanks for all you do Shawn, I love you.
Ape

4 comments:

  1. A wise woman builds her house (and her husband up), but the foolish tear it down with her hands. Keep on praising him, he may be embarrassed, but the reward is in growing together, seeing each other's needs and fullfiling them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Helen, she said it so well.
    I well remember those days with Tara, they are not fun, and you quickly realize that you can live on a lot less sleep than you think, even tho it is not fun. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, you make us so proud...we Love You so much as our daughter-in-law...and we are so Thankful for you being the wife to our son...we praise the Lord daily for you being in our lives, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April, Thank so much for you expressions. It rejoices my heart have you say these things. We Love you Both!!! Please give my Hugs and Love to Shawn, You , Conner, Logan and DariLynn!!!

    ReplyDelete