So yesterday was a "no good very bad day"! I won't go into it all but I fell leaving the gym with DaraLynn's car seat slung over my left arm and my right holding Logan's hand. Twisted my ankle and skinned both of my knees really good. Everyone is fine and the kids where not hurt and didn't even cry. I am a little sore this morning but am fine also. It just kind of put me in a bad mood the rest of the day. Today I decided that needed to start it off thinking about all the blessings I have. I am going to do it a little differently. My Aunt did a post on her blog about the things that make her smile and encouraged others to do it also. I am very thankful for the things that make me smile and need to think about them more often. I am thankful for a lot of things but today I will just be listing the ones that make me smile. So here we go:
It makes me smile then Conner stops what he's doing just to tell me he loves me,
When Logan comes and gives me a hug,
When DaraLynn grins at me,

Watching my husband kneel down beside my boys beds to say prayers and tell them goodnight,
When Conner tries to "teach" something to Logan,

Getting a letter in the mail,

Getting flowers,

Having company for dinner,

Hearing my nephew say, "Auntie, I haven't seen you in a long time, I missed you" in his very loud adorable way,

Being with my whole family

A finished quilt,
Having a ladies lunch at my house,
The beautiful California beaches,
A fire in the fireplace on a cold day,
I guess I will stop there because this could go on and on. So many things make me smile and I am thankful for so many things. These are just a few. How about you?
Ape
I had the same thing happen to me when I had Cooper. It was really irritating and I had the same reaction as you. It stinks to fall down, but especially when you are lugging your kids around. Glad you are starting your day better today!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear you fell, but very thankful no one was really hurt. It is so good and beneficial to count our blessings and things that make us smile. We never saw pictures of your ladies luncheon. We/me would love to see them if that is something that you could do.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you took my challenge. We have a few similar items on our lists. Ever since I made my list, I have come up with many more. Maybe enough for a "Part 2". We'll see. ;) Glad you all are ok.
ReplyDelete