Well I know I already posted tonight but my son did something beyond notty and I took pictures of the aftermath. You will understand what that means momentarily. First let me lay down some back story here. My worst job in my house is laundry. I hate it. It't the worst. If I could pay someone to do one job in my house it would be washing, folding, and putting away my laundry. I don't understand you people out there that love this chore. Anyway the Saturday before last my washing machine quite on me. We have yet to get it fixed. When this happened I was already really needing to do laundrty but lucky for me just two doors down lives a friend of mine with a working machine and she gracously let me use hers to do some loads. I would wash there and dry at my house and I tried to do most of it while they were gone to dinner with family of there's visiting from out of state. That meant that I just dumped it on the couch and left there. So this week I have been little by little, very slowly been folding in my living room. My son decided to put a halt to the progress I was making and start me back at square one. Now I do realize that I should have just gotten it done and put away right away so part of this is my fault. None the less this is something my son has done to me for a REALLY long time. He loves to throw folded laundry in the air and laugh joyously as it all rains down around him. I DO NOT THINK IT'S FUNNY!!! If I was being completly honest, it infuriates me. Well tonight he did this and needless to say he got in big trouble and was sent to bed at 7:45. Which he was distraugt over. I explained to him that he knew this was notty and I was not going to feel sorry for him so he could just stop crying or get in trouble again. He had a choice to make. He chose wisley. Here is what my living room and couched looked like when he was done with them.


Am I the only mother in the world that was utterly bugged by this or would be if this happened in your home? It was the icing on the cake of a not so good week with my sons attitude so that made it worse I guess. Not sure what to do with him some days. I think I need to pray for more patience. Until next post,
Ape
excuse the car seats and strollers by the front door they are not normally there but were left so we could go to the museum today. they are going back to the car tonight.
ReplyDeleteI remember having laundry always on a sofa we had in our family room. It was a never, never ending chore. And, my laundry area was in the garage, the only light was from a 60 watt bulb (unless you opened up the garage door)... and I was sure, sure, there were mice out there!!! [I should tell you this was way over 35 years ago] I absolutely hated laundry! Add in cloth diapers...All this to say, I "heart" you April, don't give up, this too shall pass and you will remember it and have a good story to tell. Nautiness is usually a little sign that says - I need you mommy. If I had it to do over, I would plop down on top of the laundry and read a few more stories. By the way, my laundry room now, has a huge window in it that takes up room that I could have for shelves, I guess I am never satisfied...
ReplyDeleteUgh, at this point in my life I would have to go to another room and count to 3,000 or more. Jack likes to do that too, he pretty much only does it when the laundry is folded. Love him for it.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely a no-no around here. The mom does not like that. Nor does she tolerate it. They learned quickly. It's hard enough to complete the process from dirty to clean and put away again, without the interference of little hands which are not contributing. (It's one thing to help mom. That's okay. It's another to undo work she's done!)
ReplyDeleteYou know what happens when you pray for patience? You get more tribulation! So be careful there.:-) I feel for you. I would have been a tad mad too. I guess the only word of wisdom I have for you is not to leave clean folded laundry around. I promise you, this too shall pass.
ReplyDeleteBaby A. just started "helping" me with the laundry, he loves to put dirty laundry in the dryer as I'm putting in the clean:)
ReplyDelete