OK so last week I mentioned putting up some recipies and never did. Well I am going to today. In California we ate a lot of Mexican food. Real, traditional Mexican food. It's our favorite thing to eat. Plus with this pregnancy I crave it all the time. It's difficult to find that kind of Mexican food here in Texas. Texas serves what's called Texmex. I HATE it. It's the most vile thing I have ever had. When I went back to California last August on the bus trip with my boys I asked some friends for some Mexican recipies from them so I could make it on my own when I was wanting REAL Mexican food. Here is one of those wonderful dishes.
Reyna's Chile Verde
1/8 cup oil
2 - 3 pounds tomatillos
4 - 6 jalapenos chilies (depending on how hot you like it)
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
2 pinches of cumin
2 pinches of parsley
1 bay leaf
1 bunch of cilantro
salt to taste
1/4 cup water
Place oil in skillet and add meat. When hot and brown turn heat to lowest setting and let it cook. Take all other ingredients and blend together and pour over meat. Cover and let it cook until tender (about 2 hours). Serve with beans, rice, and soft tortillas.
This is the best ever!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just the way I make it! I sometimes use serrano chili (skinny green chili). Makes my mouth water thinking about it.
ReplyDeletewhat kind of meat do you usually use?
ReplyDeletepork is traditionally used but you can beef too
ReplyDeleteHave you ever tried "Mexican" food in VA? If you did, you would realize how great TexMex is!! We love to eat Mexican in Texas! The stuff out here is yuck!
ReplyDelete