Well a big topic of conversation with conner has been about courage. He heard the word on his Adventures in Odessy cds. He uses it in the most random way. I havebeen trying to explain what it means and have yet to come up with a way that he understands. Help!! Do any of you out there have a good definition for courage that a four year old would grasp. This is one of my struggles as a mother. Conner loves to use words most four year olds wouldn't use and I have a difficult time explaing them to him in a way that's on his level. I know a lot of you who follow my blog have kids so I am sure there is some good answers out there from one of you.
APE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How about explaining that courage means controlling yourself and not doing things you know you shouldn't do, like say...throwing laundry all over the place! Good luck
ReplyDeleteJackie
It would take time to think of all the ways a person could be courageous. Instead of trying to give him a definition, how about examples of how you can have courage. For instance, use the story of David and Goliath or Daniel in the Lion's Den. Having the courage to do what they might not normally do. David was just a little guy and normally wouldn't have a chance against Goliath but with God's help he took a deep breath and plunged forward, as it were, even if he were scared. Something along those lines maybe. I sympathize with you. Sometimes it is hard to explain things on a kids level. Try to keep it simple and as he grows, you can always expand the explanations as they come up. He'll get it. Keep on and don't give up!
ReplyDeleteAunt Maggie
I would tell my 4 year old that it means: even though you're scared, you try anyway. God will help us to do what is right.
ReplyDelete