Saturday, November 12, 2011

Encouragment

This was sent to me by my Mom and was just what I needed. I have been a little discouraged and frustrated of late. We have had a rough couple of weeks with attitudes in our home. Mainly mine and Conner's. I do not say this to get sympathy from anyone just so that you may understand why this was an encouragement to me. I was at a point where I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to move on the the next day because I was not sure how we got through the current day. I felt like every time I turned around I would be disciplining Conner or Logan for something, or saying leave Logan alone, or Logan don't hit, or Conner don't talk like that, or many other things that I feel like I discipline for and repeat fifty thousand times. I know all Moms out there are probably going, "um yeah sounds familiar it's called being a mom." Anyway I found this to be what I needed at the time. Mom found it in the paper, I am not sure who wrote it or why but I am glad it found it's way to me.


Years before, in the darkest African night, a christian missionary in the Congo heard a noise at the window of her hut and found a tribal elder standing outside, holding just a small lamp. The elder had risked his life, walking through a dangerous area, to deliver a message to the grateful missionary. "Such a pathetic light on such a dark night," the missionary said. "It shines as far as I can step," the elder replied. God's light, hope, and guidance are in the next step. Beyond that is great darkness where fear and anxiety lurk. We can't know what will happen in the next moment or tomorrow, so stay in the present, stay in the light. Don't worry about tomorrow, let God shine his light on the next step.

I want to strive to let God shine his light on my next step, my next thought, my next everything so that I might be the follower he want me to be, the wife he wants me to be, the mother he wants me to be, the daughter he wants me to be, the sister he wants me to be, the sister-in-law he wants me to be, the teacher to my son he wants me to be, so that the world around me or the people around me can see that my every step and my every thought and movement are for God and God alone.
Ape

1 comment:

  1. Your right, we've all been there. Hang in there, you'll get through it!! It is a good story, and a good thought.

    ReplyDelete