Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Finally The Kitchen Reveal

We finally got the kitchen done. When all was said and done it cost me about ten bucks to make.Here's how it started out:


Then Conner and I painted it white with some left over paint I had laying around, just to freshen it up a little.


Then we painted some "burners" on top. There was still a lot of room left on the the top so I asked Conner what he wanted their and he said he wanted a grill like Daddy has outside. I racked my brain trying to think of ways to do that. I started rummaging around in my kitchen and came across some wooden BBQ skuers and thought that might work. So I painted them red to make them look hot and glued them down to the top. I am not sure I am totally happy with the end result but Conner was and that's what counts.


After that I needed burner nobs. We took a trip to walmart and I found these cupboard door handles and painted them black and put a little white notch on them to look like nobs.


Next we took it all to Grandpa's house and he helped up cut wood for the doors and screw on the handles and the doors.


This is how it all turned out when all was said and done.

I got these canvas boxes from my mom and they store all the food and dishes. The boys are having fun with it and it was a fun little project.
Ape

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! You guys did a great job!! Oh, and dad looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!
    -Darlene H.

    ReplyDelete