OK so part to is about the T in the acronym S T O P!
The T stands for truth. This is how the blogger describes what she means by truth. "T-truth- I became convinced that from that day forward, I would try to speak only the absolute truth from God’s word over her.I got in the habit of telling ALL my children: “I’m so glad God gave you to me. You are beautiful. I adore you. You are funny. You are kind. You are sweet. You are a delight.”
I also set about renewing my mind daily with scriptures that tell me God’s opinion of my precious children:
Psalm 127:3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Psalm 127:4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth.
Psalm 139 was the most powerful to me.
Psalm 139: 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!If God was so smitten with my child that he created each and everyone personally in my womb, who was I to say that any one of them was “less than” I hoped, prayed and dreamed? I tell you, I was wrong in how I perceived her. Just because my child was different, it did not mean that she was less than. I just needed to learn a different way to approach her unique personality and God-given temperament."
I think that in this post the versus are what I got the most out of. About a month ago I had been talking to Shawn and he very tactfully told me that I had slipped into the habit of not praising our children like I use to. I set out to remind myself to praise them and encourage them and tell them when they were doing a good job instead of harping on the bad behavior only. But the versus were a great reminder of what God thinks about my children. I need to keep this in mind day to day to help me in my walk and life with my children.
Ape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You have chosen a good path, keep on it. You will not have these days and hours to do over, so I am glad that you have chosen to do what is in your power to praise your children, you can do it.
ReplyDelete